The conveyor transportation system of the V880 bulk degaussing machine ensures that magnetic media is completely erased in an easy and effortless manner.
The V880 a conveyor degausser is very easy to use. In its standard specification, the operator simply presses the “power on” button which turns on the belt and the degaussing field.
The cassettes are placed onto the moving conveyor belt and carried over two degaussing coils which are orientated at 90 degrees to one another, in a ‘V’ formation. The belt speed is fixed at 4 inches per second.
Service and Support
The V880 comes with a 12 month back to base, all parts and labor included a warranty. Extended warranties are also available. We are so confident in our product build quality that whether you opt for an extended warranty or not, our factory-based technical support team are available for free phone and email support. This support extends for the entire lifetime of ownership.
The V880 is designed to help you comply with the following Government Mandates that require the destruction of sensitive information stored on Backup Tapes before their disposal.
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry) Data Security Standard
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization NIST SP 800-88
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization NIST SP 800-36
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- California SB-1386
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
Safe & Secure
With safety in mind and to meet the latest ICNIRP Magnetic Exposure Guidelines, the V880’s field is concentrated near the top operational surface where the media is degaussed.